Read below to find helpful hints for using your marker.
Tips to clean Whiteboard Marker trace
- Wipe your whiteboard with a wet rag that has been thoroughly wrung out or a window-cleaning detergent to wipe the whiteboard surface.
- Wipe the surface again with a dry cloth. (Never use alcohol. This will only spread the pigment.)
- For the marks that are difficult to remove, write on top of the mark using a whiteboard marker that is the same color as the original mark. Then wipe it clean with a whiteboard eraser. This allows the ink solvent in the newly applied ink to loosen the resin that has hardened over time. Be sure to use the same color.
Tips to remove oil based ink marker
Oil-based ink is designed to be permanent, so it does not wash off easily. However, there are different ways to remove ink.
- Marker stains on skin: rub some cooking oil on the mark, let it sleep in, and wipe it off.
- Stains on cloth: it is difficult to remove fabric stains completely, but they can be made less conspicuous. Place a rag or tissue paper under the cloth and pat the stain with a rag soaked with rubbing alcohol. Do not rub is since this will cause it to spread.
- Stains on wood floors and furniture: remove ink stains on wood floors and furniture with rubbing alcohol. Treat the stain while fresh, before the ink has time to set. Spot test an inconspicuous area before cleaning, since the wax or other finish may come off in the process.
What type of Permanent markers?
Difference between oil-based ink and water-based ink marker. Oil-based ink is made by dissolving pigments in ethanol or another solvent. The pros are that it dries fast. This durable ink does not fade easily and is ideal for writing on plastic and on metal. The cons are that the smell strong that that the pen nib dries out quickly.
Water-based ink is made by dissolving pigments in water, which provides a smooth writing, less bleeding through paper and a minimal odor. However, this type of marker is not suitable for writing on plastic and glass and runs upon contact with water.
Should you go for an highlighter?
Similar than markers, highlighter have other purposes. Not only, they help you to make some text more visible and stand out, but they also allow you to distinguish the original from the copies. Write “original” with a highlighter on the original. The original mark will not show on the copy because fluorescent ink is often hard to see in monochrome copies.