Bind & Laminate
The most common way to bind your document is to use plastic combs, it lasts long and is cheap. Lyreco explains to you how you can bind your paper at the office step by step.
Laminate consist of overlaying a layer of paper with a layer of plastic in order to protect the documents. There are different tools and methods to laminate you can chose from depending on different factors, such as the size of your office, the size of the documents you laminate and the thickness of pouch laminated.
How to bind documents?
Purchasing the good binding material to bind your document is the basic step: binding machine, binding combs, binding covers and binding backs.
Then you need to choose your binding machine wisely. Consider before selecting your machine the size of your company and how many pages you wish to bind at once. Find all the details regarding our binding machine inside the product descriptions.
You also need to purchase the covers to bind your document correctly. They come in different sizes and colors. We offer a vast range of plastic combs to complete your order.
Once the binding machine and the rest of the material are chosen, you can proceed to the binding itself, follow the steps as below:
- Set up the machine: adjust the margin depth and guides if necessary.
- Bring all the pages together, including the cover and the back.
- Select the first pages to bind (this depends on how many sheets you can bind at once)
- Punch the sheets and put them carefully on the side. Pay attention to the order of the pages.
- Place the plastic comb inside the machine and open it.
- Place the comb fingers in the pages holes.
- Close the combs and remove your documents
- You successfully bind your document.
If the document is not official, that it is not worthy to make it presentable and that you only need to bring some pages together, you should consider purchasing staples .
How to laminate your documents?
The laminate method you use will vary regarding the type of document. For instance a temporary note will require a less resistant lamination than an ID.
It also depends on the size of the document you wish to laminate. A standard a4 paper sheet will be easy, can be done in different ways and will be compatible with most classic lamination machine, while irregular paper size (like a3 paper size ) requires a higher-end pouch laminator.
Find below an easy way to laminate your documents:
- Plug your lamination machine and turn it on.
- The machine is set up on cold laminating by default, change if necessary. You can also select the size of the paper you want to laminate and the thickness at this stage.
- Wait for the lamination machine to be warm.
- Insert the document and make sure it is centered.
- Insert the document sealed side of pouch first into laminator
- And let the machine process.
Binding or to using a file?
Binding is valuable when you need to present a document to a customer or your superior. If the purpose is to archive document, or to keep them in order for your personal use, a file (like an arch file) or a folder are more suitable.The advantage of a file is that you can change the order of the pages, whereas once you bind a document it is meant to remain organized in the same way.