In our daily life, having good hygiene and cleanliness is important. Cleaning and removing dirt and garbage in the house is therefore something that must be done properly. One thing that is indispensable when collecting garbage or dirt from the house is garbage bags. Sometimes we may turn the plastic bags received from our shopping into garbage bags. But finding a bag that fits the bin we have can be difficult. Or the thickness may not be enough to support the amount of waste. That the reason why we need to buy garbage bags. To be used directly to suit the size of the bin, the amount of waste and the type of waste that we discard. By looking at these qualifications.
Nowadays, we can easily find garbage bags in general stores. Before buying, we need to know the basics of the size of the trash we use. By measuring the size roughly by taking width x length x height to know the capacity of the bin to choose the right bag. Garbage bags are generally divided into 6 sizes.
- Garbage bag size 18 x 20 inches, suitable for 10 liters bin.
- Garbage bag size 24 x 28 inches, suitable for 40 liters bin.
- Garbage bag size 28 x 36 inches, suitable for 50 liters bin
- Garbage bag size 30 x 40 inches, suitable for 60 liters bin.
- Garbage bag size 36 x 45 inches, suitable for 120 liters bin.
- Garbage bag size 45 x 60 inches, suitable for 240 liters bin.
We should choose the thickness of the garbage bag according to the use. By looking at the type and amount of waste. If most of our garbage is heavy garbage. Or in large quantities. We should choose a bag that is thick so the garbage bag will not be torn during use. Garbage bag thickness It may be measured in millimeters or microns. The thicker bags which have more density. It can carry more weight therefore not easy to break.
Type of garbage Size ml. (Millimeter) Size μm (Micron) Density Weight
Light garbage 0.30-0.49 300-490 Low Light
General garbage 0.75-1.20 750-1200 Middle Middle
Heavy garbage / sharp garbage 1.30-2.00 1300-2000 High Heavy
Garbage bags have many colors which will be used according to the type of waste.
- Black garbage bag for general garbage Do not separate the types of waste or separate categories to be disposed of in different colored bins by type again. It helps to cover the garbage inside as well. It is easy to find in the market and it is the cheapest compared to other colors.
- Green garbage bags for biodegradable solid waste. Also known as wet waste such as food scraps, vegetables, fruits.
- Yellow garbage bags for recycling waste These wastes must be reusable. Can be used again, such as glass, paper, plastic.
- Blue trash bags for non-degradable, non-toxic, and non-recyclable solid waste such as candy wrappers. Instant noodles sachets, plastic bags, food-stained foam, and foil.
- Red garbage bags for carrying hazardous waste such as chemicals, toxic substances, batteries, light bulbs, or infectious waste from hospitals.
- Clear garbage bags for general rubbish in places requiring special viewing for safety purpose, such as airports, so that the trash can be seen inside. This makes it easy to see if there are any unsafe suspicious objects.
4. Tying and closing the bag
Some people may think that the matter of tying and closing the garbage bag is not necessary. But believe it or not What is used to tie the trash bag back is another important option to consider when buying. Garbage bags come in many forms. They are generally rectangular trash bags with straight cut ends. There will be no specific part for tying and sealing the bag to ease of use. Other forms of bags have also been developed to make tying and closing the bag easier and more convenient There are many types of bag closure styles which will be clearly stated on the packaging bag such as.
- With straps or rope by twitching the rope provided at the bottom of the bag to be used to tie the bag. They are usually sold in roll-packed packages. Easy to use.
- Drawstring design makes it possible to leave a full bag of trash without leaving it for tying.
- Binding or prevent bad odors with built-in carry handle for easy transport. Some models have a built-in carry handle that can be double tied for better odor protection.
- ฺBottom of the bag
- Flat bottom
- Round bottom or star seal will carry more weight than the flat because the bottom of the bag has more space.
- Type of plastic
Nowadays many types of plastics are used to produce garbage bags. Giving consumers more options both in terms of quality, price and environmental friendliness.
- Standard plastic
- HDPE (High density Polyethylene) plastic is heat resistant plastic. Make the bag more strong
- Recycled plastic made from plastic waste with modern machinery can help reduce the amount of waste.
- Biodegradable plastic made from natural raw materials 100% biodegradable.