Our sustainability ambitions
We are aware that taking action to contribute to the protection of our planet and people requires the commitment of everyone and we must act to drive progress in sustainability with our entire supply chain.
Our Sustainability strategy is built upon three pillars: planet, people, and progress. It expresses our desire to reduce the impact of our activity on the planet, to have a positive impact on people, and drive progress within our entire value chain.
OUR MAIN GOALS FOR 2026
90% of global turnover to be represented by our Sustainable Selection of products
90% of employees are proud to work for Lyreco
Collaborating with our partners to achieve sustainable progress
In order to reduce our impact on the planet, by 2026 we will aim to:
- Use and sell products and services that contribute to protecting the planet and its people, with a target of 90% of total turnover to be represented by our Sustainable Selection products.
- Embrace the circular economy by closing the loop in our internal consumption and external selling.
- Reduce the environmental impact of our company vehicles and business travel and switch our vehicles to low-emission vehicles. The emissions that we cannot reduce will be offset by financing climate action.
- Reduce the environmental impact of our company facilities and offset the emissions we cannot reduce by financing climate actions.
We aim to offer our people a continuously better quality of life at work, and take care of the communities we operate in.
More than just a job, we view it as a career commitment, pledging our support to the ongoing development of our employees. Taking decisive actions, we strive to cultivate a safe and empowering work environment for all team members.
Additionally, we proactively contribute to making a positive impact in the local communities where we operate, with a particular emphasis on supporting education. This involves collaborative efforts with local authorities to establish partnerships that directly link to employment opportunities, as exemplified by initiatives like Lyreco for Education (LFE).
By 2026, we aim to be seen as a great workplace with 90% of our employees proud to work for Lyreco.
We make sure that we involve all our partners to develop the best initiatives, actions and decisions possible.
- We actively listen to our customers and work with our suppliers to make progress.
- We communicate our experience of sustainable initiatives and best practices to all stakeholders (through Ecovadis, Carbon Disclosure Project, ISO 26000).
- We implement ethical frameworks in all our activities and ensure we work with partners who share the same ambitions and concerns.
Supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals
Our ambition on sustainability is aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) that we consider strategic for us in our effort to create a better world for everyone.
As a distributor of products and solutions to create better workplaces, we focus on SDG 12: Responsible Consumption and Production, SGD 13: Climate Action, and SDG 17: Partnerships for the Goals.
We strive to continuously innovate to provide sustainable product choices and embrace the circular economy. We have taken action in our supply chain and operations to mitigate climate change and forged strong partnerships to address pressing sustainability challenges together.