At Lyreco we all share a common goal to strive for passion, excellence, respect and agility. We are proud to be the European leader and the third largest distributor of workplace products and services in the world
We are committed to the development of our employees and we aim to achieve that by creating a culture that inspires and empowers.
Are you seeking a new challenge? This offer might be for you!
The supply planner also is accountable for the stock level, quality for products within his/her scope and is responsible for the operational execution of inventory replenishment from suppliers
Lyreco Benelux serves over 4500 customers each day from its warehouse in Vottem (near Liège), and via deliveries directly from our suppliers to our customers.
We manage the demand & supply for a product portfolio of ~30000 SKU's. At the moment we have ~14M€ worth of inventory in our Vottem warehouse. The number of SKU's and stock level will increase in the coming years, as we are expanding our offering. The Benelux Supply Chain Team want to become pioneering partners in delivering sustainably what any workplace needs, while offering a great customer experience.
Within Lyreco Benelux we have engaged on a journey to develop our planning function from a basic transactional approach, to a true demand & supply planning activity. In order to support our development we are looking for a replenisher/junior supply planner/Approvisionneur
Reporting directly to the Demand & Supply Planning manager, the Replenisher/Junior Supply Planner/Approvisionneur is managing a group of suppliers, from supply chain conditions in contracts, through order management and implement action plan to reach the best supplier contributions. The replenicher/junior supply planner/approvisionneur also is accountable for the stock level and quality for products within his/her scope.
Where do you fit in the organisation
- Title: Replenisher / Supply Planner Benelux
- Reports to Demand & Supply Planning Manager
- Location: Flexible. Ideally based in Vottem (Liège, BE) where the current planning team is located. We are open for having the position based in Berchem (BE)
What does your day look like?
- Depending on the composition of the team and the time, the exact job content may vary, but generally will be a combination of the tasks described below
- As we are on a journey for development, we will zoom in on establishing some specific processes. Depending on your expertise and experience, you will own those processes for a number of suppliers and /or product sections. This can be e.g. for managing Slow Moving & Dead Stock, for managing the supplier performance metrics and animation etc.
- You will liaise with marketing department on supply chain conditions in supplier contracts/negotiations
- Together with Demand & Supply Planning Manager, you will manage suppliers, evaluating their service level (Supplier Service Level) and setting up action plan accordingly, following up action plan
- You will ensure stock level are fully optimized setting accurate MRP parameters, considering new products / no movers / slow movers / overstock / delisted products / temporary promotions
- You will share forecasts with suppliers to reduce supplier lead time and facilitate SSL target achievement
- You will place and follow up orders, ensuring goods are delivered on time, expediting supplier deliveries by all means to avoid backorder and eventually manage delays in collaboration with goods-in department,
- You will analyse the root causes of backorder and turn results into a continuous improvement action plan. Minimize the impact of backorders on customer experience and cost
- You will collaborate with marketing at operational & tactical level to optimize inventory quality
- You may be involved in the control supplier invoices
- You will deal with supplier litigation and plan supplier returns when necessary
How we measure the performance of Planning
- Supplier Service level
- Backorder Level and duration
- Cost of backorders
- Stock cover and value
- Stock Risk & € Scrapped
- Ratings in Employee Surveys
Who are we looking for
- Language knowledge : French and English are a must. Dutch is a plus.
- You have a bachelor or a university degree in a technical background (e.g. supply chain, engineering, maths, computer sciences, etc.) or a equivalent work experience
- Strong verbal and visual communication skills, ability to connect with different levels of the organisation
- You have some experience in the sector of supply chain, ideally in organisations with a high level of maturity, systems & tools. We are looking for someone who can help us drive our planning function to the next level, while also being able to work in our current environment. This implies that you are able to start with the basics in terms of process & tools, and get your energy from developing and upgrading, step by step.
- Strong analytical skills, have a good ability to translate big datasets into information. You are good in processing a lot of information efficiently, and focus on what drives performance.
- You are expert in use of standard office tools, including superior knowledge of Excel. Next to that SAP and advanced planning systems have no secret for you.
- You have a good sense of organisation and you have no difficulty prioritising your tasks.
- You have a positive mindset. Within a group, you are the one that can bring the level and spirits up, also when things get tough.
What we offer:
- A replacement contract as a start. We regularly have new opportunities for permanent positions though, so don't let this stop you!
- Competitive salary and nice extra-legal advantages, such as additional holidays, home working, hospitalisation & group insurances, meal vouchers & eco chèques, etc.
- A training budget to develop yourself in the direction you want to take
- A challenging function which offers interesting growth opportunities
- Working in a team with a nice and dynamic team!